Friday 31 October 2008

A Valuable Tip About Presentations


Remember Remember Remember The Seventh Of November!!!!!

Hi everybody.
I am not very good at giving useful tip for prensentations, but I would like to share with you in some top tips for it. I hope it can give us great start to our pesentation.

Introducing the topic :
-The subject/topic of my talk is ...
-I'm going to talk about ...
-My topic today is…
-My talk is concerned with ...
Overview (outline of presentation) :
-There are a number of points I'd like to make...
-Basically/ Briefly, I have three things to say..
-First of all, I'll...
Finishing a section :
-That's all I have to say about...
-We've looked at...
-So much for...
Starting a new section :
-Now we'll move on to...
-I'd like now to discuss...
-Let's look now at...
Giving examples :
-For example,...
-A good example of this is...
And, also we think of a presentation....If we’re standing up in front of a group of people, we need to make sure we're entertaining, make sure we’re engaging, make sure we’re interesting. Don’t make it too long. Be short, precise and to the point, definitely.
That's all I would like to share in. Hopefully this helpful tip can give us head start to make preparations at the seventh of November.
Shahran

1 comment:

James said...

Hi Shahran,

Thanks for this- it's very useful, and it is the sort of language we will be looking at and practising next Thursday.

James