Tuesday 14 October 2008

My home town




Hi,I'm Martina!
I come frome Rome in Italy.I really love my city because it's a place in which you can see past and present at the same time.If you walk among the streets of the city centre you could see a stone that apparently is only a rock but that really is a piece of column dated from the roman imperior!In fact I think that neither all the people who lives in Rome,as me,know all the historical places in the city.
The other face of this aspect is that Rome is always full of tourists and there is always a lot of traffic because of this:especially at time as 8am or 6pm you can't go out of your home if you don't want to take 1 hour for 3km;and it's impossible take a bicycle because of the many slopes...Rome is building on seven hills!
I can't explain in these few lines all the characteristics,the monouments,the history of Rome...the only way to have an idea of what it is and of who its people is,it's to come there and see with your own eyes!So go and visit Rome!

3 comments:

mohdshahran said...

I think you should put the pictures that's we can see the past and present at the same time. In fact, I plan to visit Italy one day.

James said...

Hi Martina,

I've visited Italy a few times, but never visited Rome (only caught a plane from there). When is the best time of year to go, do you think?

James.

Martina said...

Hi James!

Surely the best period to visit Rome is during the spring.First of all for the weather:usually there are a lot of beautiful days but at the same time it is't too much hot as during the summer.Then also because of the city's colours:during the spring many of the trees that decorate the Rome's streets blossom creating a wonderful view!