Tuesday 14 October 2008

My Home Town (Hitomi)












Hi, I'm Hitomi from Japan. I'll introduce my home town.

The city where I was born is Tokyo, the capital of Japan, but I grew up in Osaka. So I'd like to talk about my home town, Osaka.

Osaka is located on the main island of Honshu, roughly in the center of Japan. It is common to devide Japan into the east part and west part. Then, the biggest city in the east part is Tokyo, that in west part is Osaka, which means Osaka is the second in Japan, in spite of being the second smallest prefecture by size. So the city centre is always crawling with people.

Talking of culture, Osaka is famous for 'Owarai' which means a culture of gag and comedy. This is why most people in Osaka are very frank and friendly. Many young people aim to be a famous comedian and enter a training company for comedian. In addition, there are also intresting food culture, so we can enjoy eating many local foods in Osaka. The most popular local food is called 'Takoyaki'(the picture below), made by flour and octopus. I recommend eating this one time. If you don't intend to visit Osaka, I'll make this for you.

Osaka is bound up with Kyoto and Nara, famous for Japanese traditional culture like temple, because they are located next to Osaka. Therefore if you want to visit Osaka, you should visit there at one time. I am willing to guide my hometown if you want to come!

3 comments:

mohdshahran said...

Yes, one day i will arrive in your hometown. I have planned for long time that I intend to visit Japan.

Shahran

James said...

Hi Hitomi,

Thanks for the information about Osaka. In England, it is said that people in the north have a better sense of humour than those in the south. I guess that's similar to what you say about the humour in Osaka.

James.

mohdshahran said...

Hi Hitomi,

You mentioned that your hometown is well-known for people want to become a comedian. Is there in your family has become a comedian.